Background

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Starry Nights and Pies

And this is the white star, spraypainted silver! Wanted a silver one ...no silver paper to hand...but cans of spraypaint, oh yes indeed! Of course I had to spray it outside then couldn't hang it for a day due to the fumicious smells! (NOT at all christmasy!)...


And did the other side red...y'know, just cause I could!...no red paper, soo....


Funny how all year long I don't even give Fruit Mince Pies a thought, but come November/December...they're ALWAYS on my mind - the beautiful little star(or sometimes heart)-topped bites of deliciousness...and often in my mouth...mmmm....I always make some wee lemon ones too for my non-fruit-mince-eating friends and family...but seems i'm slowing making my way thru these every time I put the jug on for a cup of tea or make a coffee...hmmm...were meant to be gifts...but ahhh that sweet short pastry...now you CAN'T buy that in a supermarket! It cries out to me as soon as I look at it's crumbly sweetness, knowing it will melt away in my mouth around that sticky, fragrant fruity filling...aaahhhhh...think it's coffee time already....


Aren't they delectable? I love the tiny ones most particularly...not so fond of the larger more standard size...just a bite or two is all you need...


Now...must step away from the computer and attend to more mundane things...like appointments and putting the rubbish out...I hear the truck coming.....
ciao bellas
jessie xx


No comments:

Post a Comment