Background

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goodbye 2010...you were a good year :)

Reflecting on 2010, it was a big year for me...I BEGAN BLOGGING!! oh yeah!!...I went to Dubai and Asia with my darling husband, one of my daughters married, one went flatting, one came home, my son got married, and I contemplated life beyond daily mothering as I began to focus on the future when all my babies will have flown the coop. :(...thankfully, my darling Beth is still around for another year of school :)....but then...?

But all in all, a big year...lots of other significant things took place ...but BY FAR...the most significant things that happened in our lives...the lives of our family...were the weddings of our son Evan and our daughter Claire...(...not to each other! two separate weddings, you understand!! lol)


Our son Evan married his sweetheart Renee on October 23rd, 2010

Fabulous shot in the trees at a local beach, Rabbit Island...just beautiful...

And the 'whanau'...our beautiful family...so blessed :) (don't you LOVE the fairy light drop in the background?!)

And back in April, on the 25th, our daughter Claire married her sweetheart, Rob...

A fabulous shot at a deserted house in a paddock (farm) in Brighwater near Nelson...arent' they beautiful?!

And the family again...
Thanks for sharing with me this year as I have begun blogging about my life, my family, my dreams, my interests, my love of FOOD, and crafting...and just 'being'! I have so enjoyed 'meeting' all you fellow bloggers...the 'blogging sisterhood'!...it's a privelege to read about you all, your lives, YOUR dreams, your loves...long may it continue.

May God bless each and every one of you this coming year, and your families ...bring on the possibilities and opportunities of 2011!!

luv and blessings...jessie xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessie, My name is Lynne...Thank you for the lovely post. I am glad that we share the memory of Charlotte's Web.

    I am so pleased to have found your blog. We seem to have quite a bit in common. I love coffee and chocolate as well. You know I live near Seattle which is considered the coffee house capital of the world.;-)

    We each have a lovely family. I have two children... Chrislyn will be 28 this month and Jay is 26. Your growing family is beautiful! I look forward to sharing life and thoughts in the new year.

    It appears that you have been very busy painting and decorating. I love the way your sideboard turned out!

    We'll chat again soon! Happy New Year *Lynne*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessie,
    A very Happy Healthy New Year to you and all your loved ones and may all of your dreams come true for 2011!

    Greetings from Germany,
    Gaby

    ReplyDelete