Background

Friday, November 4, 2011

Moving on...

Hi all..well my last post was a little sad...and soul searching...sorry about that! Well, kinda sorry. Just being real with where I was at I suppose. I find the emptying nest a very lonely place, to be honest. Having had 5 children around me for more than half my life(and half of that time my husband would be away at sea so the kids have been my constant really)...seems rather odd to just have one chick left in the nest! So it's now a season of change and moving on into what God has for me in this next part of the journey. I'm getting there...

For now, it's about creativity, I have found. With lots of time on my hands, not working, planning for Europe next year (maybe)..planning for a move 'somewhere' anyway...I've been a bit in limbo. Hard to be in this place - I'm a nester, a nurturer, a 'home creator'...although I love to be out having a coffee and a chat with friends, I also just love being at home...doing, making. Unfortunately that often means baking..and eating! The love of all things food - preparing, cooking, laying the table, eating, sharing...ah, it can be a curse at times! So much so that I've had to make drastic changes...and rejoin the gym! Actually to clarify - I rejoined in February and dont' think I've made it since Italy! So that was June! ...so being a poor steward of my hubby's hard earned money has been weighing on my mind (all those gym fees going out each week...and not actually going!)...so I'm back! Aaghhh...yes, I'm back. And my body is protesting! But that won't last...I have a goal to lose 10kg by years end...and I WILL DO IT!!

I found a great pin on Pinterest the other day..."You are not a dog - do not reward yourself with food!"...haha...had such a laugh at that because I SO DO reward myself with food, and comfort myself with food, and reward OTHERS with food...etc etc. I still might, it'll just be less frequently and maybe more nutritious..?...well, I said maybe ;)

okay..I'll be back in a bit with some of what I'm doing right now...Christmas is coming and all our Christmas decorations are in storage (mistakenly, but still packed away, unattainable! grrr)...this just means I have to be REALLY creative as I determine not to buy any more 'stuff' as we are going away next year...so what will my house look like this Christmas? Well, it begins....

talk soon bellas!
jessie xx


4 comments:

  1. satta kingIf you want to be treated to a different flavor of coffee every morning, but you do not have the funds to make the daily trip to a cafe, you should try buying coffee creamer that has the flavors you want. They are not very expensive and you can use a different one every day to mix things up a bit.play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  2. play bazaar You should create new routines when you are trying to quit smoking. If you tend to smoke when you are having your first cup of coffee, try reading the news on your phone, instead. These daily habits will quickly become ingrained if you are consistent, making quitting easier in the long run.satta king

    ReplyDelete
  3. satta king To keep your personal financial life afloat, you should put a portion of every paycheck into savings. In the current economy, that can be hard to do, but even small amounts add up over time. Interest in a savings account is usually higher than your checking, so there is the added bonus of accruing more money over time.satta king

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is important that you take price into consideration when looking for medical insurance. Although having health insurance is very important, you do not want to end up losing it because you cannot afford the premiums. satta king play bazaar
    play bazaar satta king

    ReplyDelete