Background

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Autumn Bounty = pastes,jellies, nectars and relishes! oh yeah!


So here's what I've been doing since Friday...with a wee break over the weekend to go cook for the church cafe ;)...and will continue tomorrow. Oh how I love the old ways...preserving fruit and veg - we have quinces (an absolute favourite...just the fragrant perfume makes me swoon!)...feijoas, grapes, passionfruit and cherry tomatoes... making nectars and pastes and jellies and curds...it makes me feel deeply connected to my past, to the ways of old that are so dying out...feels very virtuous! lol...not very economical if you had to buy your fruit and veg to make them..but in this case...all from mine or my friends gardens..thankyou Lord! Oh yeah!!...(oh no the passionfruit were from the super!)...

Never made grape nectar before but got tons of grapes just going to waste so thought I'd give it a go...Tell me your preserving/bottling/canning stories girls... I'd truly love to hear!


Blessings to you...

From the kitchen queen! ;)

ciao bellas

jessie xx

2 comments:

  1. Be cognizant of routine activities that trigger the desire to have a smoke. For some, it is the first cup of coffee in the morning. For others it may be the end of a meal, or socializing with smoking friends. Whatever your trigger may be, this is the time you must remind yourself that you are quitting because you care enough about yourself that you want to.satta king

    ReplyDelete
  2. play bazaar satta king This will provide you with a receipt of your purchase and protect you from any dishonest action on the part of your agent.

    ReplyDelete